Pages

Friday 19 August 2011

Blunt Bay, North East Island, Percy Group

Monday, 15 August 2011 Island Head Creek to Blunt Bay

Another great spinnaker run all day where we averaged nearly 8 knots for the 54nm to Blunt Bay on North East Island. 2 nights here to ourselves in what is a very picturesque bay. Just after arriving a whale appeared and cruised into the bay for a look around. We saw several others go by and heard them singing at night.

There has been no grazing on this island so the trees remain and these go right down to the pebbly beaches. We kayaked to the one sandy beach and saw fish but none for the table.





A highlight of my time here was completing the jigsaw my sister, Lynne gave me for my last birthday - Michelangelo's Creation of Man in the Sistine Chapel. My family and former work colleagues know I love jigsaws and so I have made a jigsaw mat so I can have some on Phase2 and put it away when I'm not working on it. My next challenge is a mosaic puzzle of the Titanic which may not be quite as relaxing as this one has been.






Overall, a nice anchorage but a bit rolly. Print this post

No comments: